Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: AAUUGGHH!! I give up!! You win!!

From: Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan <dmckiern@weber.ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 21:27:08 -0700
Subject: Re: AAUUGGHH!! I give up!! You win!!
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

On Sun, 22 Oct 1995, Bryan Dongray wrote:

>> I can *NOT* take multi-hundred-line way-off-topic advertisements.
>> Someone get back to me after this mailing list is moderated so I
>> can safely re-subscribe.
>
> Have I been missing some postings?

No.  They set up the newsgroup with a filter to trap spam, but
continued routing the messages to the host for Stev0, so that at
least =one= person  would continue to send complaints to the ISPs of
the spammers.  Unfortunately, his tolerance was over-estimated, and
he's been driven off the system.  It might be suggested that he be
contacted, and the situation be explained to him, but he'd probably
be really angry and not rejoin; d_rned if we do, and d_rned if we
don't.

          It's always Dark.  Light only hides the Darkness.

          Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan           (619) 535 - 0546
          athanatos@UCSD.edu   132.239.147.2    <75013,676>