Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sarah McLachlan

From: mdean@athena.cs.uga.edu (Michael W. Dean)
Date: 24 Oct 1995 01:12:35 GMT
Subject: Re: Sarah McLachlan
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9510182201.AA15423@kiva.com>,
Chris Hansen <chansen@kiva.com> wrote:
><> And does anyone else here like Sarah McLachlan?
><
><No.
><
><She recently said of Kate, "She's lost something she used to have."
><Please...who's she to judge?
><

    Let's look at it this way:  who here thinks of The Red Shoes as Kate's
absolute best work ever?  Seeing as she doesn't really tour, we have
little to base opinions on except for the recorded works themselves.  If
that's what Sarah was basing that statement upon, I'd have to partially
agree.  However, Sarah's statement is admittedly a little too absolute; I
think Kate is evolving, rather than losing her edge.
    As for the "who is she to judge" statement, that's far too subjective
a matter to even speculate upon.  All I can say is, Sarah McLachlan is no
more or less qualified to judge Kate's music than any of the rest of us.

Mike

P.S.  Please, let's not have anyone assuming by this post that I in any
way *disliked* The Red Shoes; I just don't think of it as Kate's best
work.