Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Construction Noise

From: cbullard@HiWAAY.net (Len Bullard)
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 17:22:10 -0500
Subject: Construction Noise
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Cc: undrtoad@ix.netcom.com

[Toad The Wet Sprocket]

>Having very recently expressed a wish that L-H had an "in" with KT, I
>was extremely suprised to see Peter F-M posting to this group!  From
>his last (or next-to) post, it sounds like he (or HOMEGROUND) *just*
>got on the net. "YEA! YEA! YEA! FINALLY, AN 'IN'!!!!!"

Someone has to keep up with the GroundLings.  Clever devils.
Could be up to just about anything.  ;-)

>But, wait a second here...Len apparently misunderstood what Peter
>meant by "worried at what it means".  The fact that KT did not inform
>HOMEGROUND of her plans may well indicate She is cutting them
>off from the flow of Kately info.  There goes our 'in' down in flames. :(

That's a chilling thought.  I can't say.  I don't know what
he means.  Peter's presence on the list is probably his own
magnaminity, not an "in". I know, Toad.  You're jus' teasin' me.
Many thanks to PFM, though, and BTW, others of us could use HG
subscription info.  please? please?

>I take the rumor of recording being interrupted by construction
>noise next-door with great hope--maybe she'll get an album done
>BEFORE she moves!

That's the spirit!  She'll get the album done!  She has
a new house to decorate.   She needs the money.
But if they are sending brews to the crews, I sure don't
want to go in the building next door.  :0

K@crl:  one can "lose" a vocal simply by punching into
the wrong track.  It's real easy to do.  Computers make
it even easier.  Try singing an overdub a few dozen times
and see what the hyperventilation does on take 37 or so.

Folks, unsolicited material sent in over the transom usually
gets dumped.  The lawsuit potential is quite high. If you are
mailing stuff to Kate & Co., consider it a High Honor if they
acknowledge it at all.  Litigation in the music business is at
an all time high.

What you do send should be properly published first
unless it is clearly public domain material such as folk
transcriptions, etc.   CD swaps on the net are a way of life, but
when someone sends me a cassette of their unpublished material,
it goes byebye w/o ever seeing a tapeHead.