Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: MisK.

From: btd@carina.cray.com (Bryan Dongray)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 00:34:15 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: MisK.
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

P. Dale Campbell wrote:
> In <46113c$g2o@dewey.csun.edu> jbuchwald@csun.edu (Norman Buchwald)
> writes:
> >...I thought I had good ears
> >and did not know that the "heroine" of "The Wedding List" was carrying
>
> >"Rudi's child"(!)  I think that adds meaning to what the song is
> really
> >about(!)...
>
> In context, that statement is a SUPPOSITION by the investigators
> ("...it must have been Rudi's child.").  I have wondered myself whether
> this means the other guy was a jealous, dumped, ex-lover and the true
> father of the woman's child (quite a motive for murder, eh?).  I don't
> have the lyrics handy to check myself, which given my record would be a
> good idea.  "What say ye, Good People?"

Since the lyrics say:
	Now, as I'm coming for you,		*present tense
	All I see is Rudi.
	I die with him, again and again.	*past tense
	And I'll feel good in my revenge.
	I'm gonna fill your head with lead	*future tense
	And I'm coming for you!			*present tense
so Rudi here would be her killed husband.

Then:
	One in your belly, and one for Rudi.
so the attacker is not Rudi, and since "they say":
	It must have been Rudi's child
I would assume it was, of course doesn't have to be, if it was then
it would have to have mean a "shotgun wedding", maybe someone had
a problem with that (eg brother/father/previous boyfriend)?

Notice the video has Paddy as the husband killer.

I ask though "Bang-bang--Out! like an old cherootie,"
what relevance is a "cigar with both ends cut square" to the song?
Well, that's what my dictionary has!

			Bryan Dongray