Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: MisK.

From: undrtoad@ix.netcom.com (P. Dale Campbell )
Date: 18 Oct 1995 12:16:19 GMT
Subject: Re: MisK.
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In <9510180534.AA10973@rigel.cray.com> btd@carina.cray.com (Bryan
Dongray) writes:
>I ask though "Bang-bang--Out! like an old cherootie,"
>what relevance is a "cigar with both ends cut square" to the song?
I assume this is a British idiom.  Were Her Highness American, She
might have said
        "Bang-bang--Out! like a ci-ga-rette"
She "put him out", like extinguishing a cigar.

The ending words, according to _Kate Bush Complete_:

   After she shot the guy
   She committed suicide
   I'm coming Rudi
   And later when they analysed
   They found a little one inside
   It must have been Rudi's child
   I shot him
   Never mind she got the guy
   He hit the ground Rudi
   An eye for an eye
   Ashes to ashes

Of course, this isn't *really* complete, but it makes the intent
clearer.

What makes me wonder is "Never mind she got the guy"--does this mean
"don't worry about who's kid it was"?  If "they" doubt the truth of the
statement, they would deny its importance.  Then again, maybe this is
reading too much into it.  (Reading too much into a KT song?  Never! :)

___
 |\ "I think you're all completely mad"-Kate    pdcampbell@goodyear.com