Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Single File

From: lombaeg@mail.interpac.be (Emmy May Lombaerts)
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 1995 14:58:53 GMT
Subject: Re: The Single File
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel) wrote:

 About "The single File"...

>As far as I know it hasn't been published in Video-CD (= MPEG-CDI) format yet.
>It is (or rather was :-( ) available as a CD-Video (= LaserDisc), which is
>the 12 inch instead of 12 cm format, uses different players, is analog,
>and is quality-wise better. Much better.

               Before that,, in 1984, "the single file" was also
released on CED Videodisc in the US... I came across a copy of that a
couple of months ago.. I haven't a clue what the picture-or
sound-quality is like, though, 'cause I don't have the necessary
equipment to play it..

              Emmy.

"Butterflies don't belong in nets" - Tori Amos
Emmy May Lombaerts
lombaeg@mail.interpac.be
http://www.ping.be/~ping2242/emmy.html