Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: spams and digest

From: RIDLEY@ZASU.SPRL.UMICH.EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 1995 9:59:24 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: spams and digest
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@UUNET.UU.NET

( I hope this doesn't post twice..... )

Mikael wrote:

[I hate it when people quote whole messages, so I will just post my
interpretation]
[ People won't be able to find rec.music.gaffa if we take up Aaron's
  suggestion of seperating them... ]

My suggestion was to allow ANYONE to READ rec.music.gaffa, having all posts
to the mailing list go there also, BUT not allowing news net people to
POST to the mailing group, UNLESS they are on the subscription list.

That is my proposal, which is on the floor. So far, only about 3 people have
commented on this. It is a serious proposal. I would like it if some of the
people who have been on the list forever comment on it. Stevo? IED? Chris
(where are you and Vickie anyways)? Bill? Doug? Uli? Others?

I am just trying to filter the boulders out of the sand....

Aaron