Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Seasons/Heather

From: mikael.jakonen@mailbox.swipnet.se (Mikael Jakonen)
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 1995 06:33:01 +0200
Subject: Re: Seasons/Heather
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

In a message totoro@charm.net (Milky Way) writes:

>The big discovery this month is Heather Nova, who I've never heard of
>before. The album is called OYSTER. Hard to describe...Some of the songs
>are kind of Doors or Jefferson Airplane-like...a little more
>straightforward and guitar-based compared to Tori Amos...some sad moods
>that reminds one of Sarah McLachlan. There's a terrific song called
>"Island" about an abused woman. She does this lonely wailing bit on it that
>reminds me of the lovelorn green lady that used to plague Mr. Smith on LOST
>IN SPACE. Scary lyrics, but a beautiful song. I would highly recommend this
>album.

I saw a video with her about five or six months ago, I even think it
was on one of those extreeeemly rare occations I watch EmptyVee (it should
perhaps be spelled ..Wee  ;-)
I phoned a friend of mine (a future LoveHound I promise, as soon as he
gets a computer...) and told him about Heather Nova. The very next day
he went out and bought the record. He said it was worth it.

Music is like vintage wine. It keeps getting better over the years,
if those who made it knew how to make it right...

Mikael Jakonen
                                            mikael.jakonen@mailbox.swipnet.se
                                                   a94mikja@ida.his.se