Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Seasons/Heather

From: alec baker <alec@wessex.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 18:53:26 GMT
Subject: Re: Seasons/Heather
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

totoro@charm.net (Milky Way) wrote:

>The big discovery this month is Heather Nova, who I've never heard of
>before. The album is called OYSTER. Hard to describe...Some of the songs
>are kind of Doors or Jefferson Airplane-like...a little more
>straightforward and guitar-based compared to Tori Amos...some sad moods
>that reminds one of Sarah McLachlan. There's a terrific song called
>"Island" about an abused woman. She does this lonely wailing bit on it that
>reminds me of the lovelorn green lady that used to plague Mr. Smith on LOST
>IN SPACE. Scary lyrics, but a beautiful song. I would highly recommend this
>album.

If you read all that and still aren't convinced that the CD's worth
buying, hie ye along to

http://www.music.sony.com/Music/ArtistInfo/HeatherNova/index.html

where a short audio clip of Heather's single 'Walk This World' is
available. There is another Heather Nova home page at

http://www.cs.vu.nl/~epdouden/nova

alec; in havenpool, wessex
"Time and toast wait for no man" said Dougal