Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Seasons/Heather

From: totoro@charm.net (Milky Way)
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 1995 19:02:26 -0500
Subject: Re: Seasons/Heather
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Cc: toehead@rain.org

Dear Lovehounds and Toeheads:

Here is more information on the album SONGS FROM THE COLD SEAS.

SONGS FROM THE COLD SEAS (Directed by Hector Zazou) Columbia CK 67068
1994, SONY Music

CUT/ARTIST(S)
1. Annuka Suaren Neito / Varttina
2. Visur Vatnsenda-Rosu / Bjork
3. The Long Voyage / Suzanne Vega & John Cale
4. Havet Stomar / Lena Willemark
5. Adventures in the Scandinavian Skin Trade / Vimme Saari
6. She's Like a Swallow / Jane Siberry
7. The Lighthouse / Siouxie
8. Oran Na Maighdean Mhara / Catherine-Ann Macphee
9. Yaisa Maneena / Tokiko Kato
10. Yakut Song / Lioudmila Khandi
11. Song of the Water / Kilabuk & Nooveya

Most of the songs are traditionals from countries and peoples of the
Northern Atlantic and Pacific. All the cuts were "directed" and arranged by
a guy named Hector Zazou, and the concept is sort of a tribute to the
cultures of the cold seas and lands of the North. The songs are interlaced
with humorous anecdotes told by Bob and Doug McKenzie (just kidding, eh).

I bought it at the Rizzoli Bookstore in the Copley Center in Boston. They
were playing it on the PA, and I went up to a salesperson to say, "Hey,
isn't that Jane Siberry?" She pulled out the NOW PLAYING jewelbox, and
replied, "Hey, good ears. But it's not a Jane Siberry album." So, I took a
look at the credits and headed straight for the cash register.

Hiro
Hiro Amano, totoro@charm.net
http://www.charm.net/~totoro/milkyhome.html
16 W. Hill Street,   Baltimore  MD 21230
vox 410-752-5748  fax 410-752-5850