Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate quoted in Sandman

From: kln@crl.com
Date: 6 Sep 1995 21:55:31 GMT
Subject: Kate quoted in Sandman
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Yes, me again.  Can you tell I'm bored today?
I forgot to mention what is probably old news
for everyone else . . . the same friend who put me
in a straitjacket and forced me to listen to The Dreaming
until I became a KateFan came by for a visit this weekend.
He's now into bigtime comic book collecting, and once
again, backed me into a corner and thrust a new object
into my hands -- Sandman comics.  No straitjacket this
time, I wouldn't be able to turn the pages.

Sandman isn't quite as engaging as a nice, fat novel,
but I did find a little quote from Kate.  In Sandman
Comic #3, "Dream a Little Dream" there is a character
named Rachel who is dreaming herself to death.  Her
last words are the last words of "The Dreaming" --
"see the sun set in the hand of the man."

For those who have been in a coma for the past 8 years,
the Sandman is a character in an adult comic series who
is the incarnation of Dreaming, he rules a kingdom he
calls The Dreamtime.  This comic was written in 1988
or so, so my apologies for spreading old news, but the
quote is new to me and maybe a few others.

Karen  kln@a.crl.com  Hmmmm, now what can I find to do?