Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Katfight

From: Buffalohead <NSRJM@NURSEPO.MEDCTR.UCLA.EDU>
Date: 23 Aug 1995 05:52:43 GMT
Subject: Katfight
To: rec-music-gaffa@agate.berkeley.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

larry@hal.com (Larry Hernandez) wrote:

> Even if it was possible, I couldn't imagine Kate stooping to the level of
> mentioning Tori in any context..  Which makes me wonder:  Has Kate ever deigned
> to remark on this Tori phenomenon?

In the Tower Records-produced (I believe but could be wrong) magazine
called 'Pulse,' Kate was interviewed to promote The Red Shoes. She was
asked about several artists whose work has apparent similarity to
hers. When she was asked whether she'd heard a Tori Amos song, she
answered in the affirmative and said, "It was...umm, nice."

Tori on the other hand has been quoted as saying the following:
"Yeah, I guess we could do each other's songs."
"Sometimes I want to tell her to stop screaming, there's no mouse."
and finally,
"I think she smokes a bit more weed than I do."

What Kate meant by "...umm, nice" is up to debate, but these quotes
are all pretty indicative of Kate and Tori's *differences*, don't
you think?  If there are ill feelings, they're being demurely swept
under the carpet by one and boisterously beaten out of it by the
other.

Robb