Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: So Many New KateFans

From: Buffalohead <NSRJM@NURSEPO.MEDCTR.UCLA.EDU>
Date: 16 Aug 1995 06:42:28 GMT
Subject: Re: So Many New KateFans
To: rec-music-gaffa@agate.berkeley.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

kln@crl.com wrote:

> A general proposal for LH:
>
> Since there are obviously many dozens of
> newly found Kate Fans who are finding gaffa
> in increasing numbers if not downright droves,
>  I wonder if it is worth posting how to get the
> FAQ once every other week, or weekly,
> rather than once a month?

Excellent idea -- but perhaps the Tori fans on rec.music.toris-amos
had an even more excellent one. Every week they post an RFAQ -- REALLY
Frequently Asked Questions -- with a 'byline' of "Read this before
posting." The RFAQ is much shorter than the FAQ, (in our case, only
about, umm, a GAZILLION pages shorter) and would answer the oft "when
does she tour next?" "what's the best album to get for a newbie?" and
"why do you all talk about Fruitopia so much?"

The RFAQ could contain URL's to various Katesites or directions to the
FAQ. I know this is *borrowing* from r.m.t-a, but, hey, they were
borne of r.m.g.

See ya...or, rather...read ya!

Robb