Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Home Demos last track

From: st@festival.ed.ac.uk (S Telford)
Date: 15 Aug 1995 09:41:52 GMT
Subject: Re: Home Demos last track
To: rec-music-gaffa@britain.eu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Scott Telford (st@epcc.edinburgh.ac.uk) wrote:

: Anybody care to fill in the blanks?

I know it's bad form to followup your own posting, but anyway, I ran my
dub of "Practice Makes Perfect" back and forth a few times last night,
and I've come up with the following:

Scares Me Silly

 Here in the studio
 As they're turning down the lights
 I lick my lips to start the first line
 How come they're scolding me?
 "Oh, little thing, are you looking lost?"
 ---------- the need to lose.

     Oo-ooh...
     They try to trip me up and tapes begin to spin
     I feel a little sick[?] and hold my notes again
     I try to put it ------- do it for you
     Don't even know you but I need you to love me, too.

     They try to trip me up and tapes begin to spin.
     I feel a little sick[?] and hold my notes again
     I try to ------- do it for you
     Don't even know you but I need you to love me, too.

          Scares me silly, but it gets me going,
          Like a Romeo
          Scares me silly, but it gets me going,
          Like a Romeo
          Scares me silly, gets me going.

 Swinging[?] amid the cans
 I wonder can I goad myself into another take
 And keep the mood?
 It's like a ----------- balance. [?]
 I close my eyes to the cello solo
 And ---- the music
 will never let me go away.

     Oo-ooh,
     You know the feeling when you're on the right track
     You fall in love and you're never gonna turn it back
     It's recording ----

--
Scott Telford, Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre,        <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ, UK.(+44 131 650 5978)