Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Home Demos last track

From: Scott Telford <st@epcc.edinburgh.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 1995 12:17:56 GMT
Subject: Re: Home Demos last track
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: UseNet News Admin <cnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk>

Bryan Dongray (btd@carina.cray.com) wrote:
: On the "Home Demos" CD, the last track "Really Gets Me Going" (#29)
: I cannot find the words in where I usually look. It starts something like
: 	Here we are in the studio
: but not having it to hand (or ear) I could be wrong.

The lyrics for this track are a bit of a mystery, no doubt because the
available bootleg copies of it are bare intelligible. I've never seen a
full transcription, the following is from a posting from 26 Feb 92 I
saved - unfortunately, I don't know who it was from as the mailing-list
software was screwing up header lines at the time, but it looks like one
of IEDs transcriptions to me:

Scares Me Silly*

 <*--This title is only a guess. The song is known to fans only
from a demo recording apparently made sometime during the rehearsals
for the recording of the album _The_Kick_Inside_. The following
transcription is only conjecture, as well.>

 Here in the studio,
 As they're turning down the lights,
 I lick my lips to start the first line--
 How come they're scolding me?
 "Well, little thing, ah, you're looking lost!"
 --------------------------------.

     Ooh, ooh...
     The---------and the tapes begin to spin.
     I feel a little sick and hope my notes are in <?>
     I try to -------do it for you.
     Don't even know you but I need you to love me, too.
     The---------and the tapes begin to spin.
     I feel a little sick and hope my notes are in <?>
     I try to -------do it for you.
     Don't even know you but I need you to love me, too.

          Scares me silly, but it gets me going,
          Like a Romeo.
          Scares me silly, but it gets me going,
          Like a Romeo.
          Scares me silly, but it gets me going.

 Swimming amid the cabs, <?>
 I wonder can I gull myself into another take,
 And keep the mood?
 It's like a -----------balance. <?>
 I close my eyes to cello solo,
 And --------------the music.
 Don't ever let me go away.

     You,
     You know the feeling when you're on the right track.
     You fall in love and you're never gonna turn it back.
     -------------------------------.
     -------------------------------.
     You know the feeling when you're on the right track.
     You fall in love and you're never gonna turn it back.
     -------------------------------.

          Scares me silly, but it gets me going,
          Like a Romeo.
          Scares me silly, but it gets me going,
          Like a Romeo.
          Scares me silly, but it gets me going.

Anybody care to fill in the blanks?

--
Scott Telford, Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre,        <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ, UK.(+44 131 650 5978)