Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Home Demos last track

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 95 22:42:59 +0200
Subject: Re: Home Demos last track
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi!

woj quoted someone:
> >On the "Home Demos" CD, the last track "Really Gets Me Going" (#29)
>
> >What's the alternative title(s)?
>
> this track is sometimes referred to as "scares me silly," but all of
> the bootlegs where it appears title it "really gets me going".
[...]
> i don't think the words for this song are anywhere in the archives,
> though IED makes reference to them in the garden.

Right, at least not in

ftp://ftp.uu.net/usenet/rec.music/gaffa/kb/lyrics/most-lyrics.ied

which is a file holding most other lyrics (up to TSW). Therefore here
they are:

Scares Me Silly

Here in the studio,
As they're turning down the lights,
I lick my lips to start the first line -
How come they're scolding me?
"Well, little thing, ah, you're looking lost!"
The birdy goes and me too...

    Ooh, ooh...
    They try to hit me and the tapes begin to spin.
    I feel a little sick and hope my notes are in
    I try to put it on it, do it for you.
    Don't even know you but I need you to love me, too.
    They try to hit me and the tapes begin to spin.
    I feel a little sick and hope my notes are in [?]
    I try to put it on it, do it for you.
    Don't even know you but I need you to love me, too.

         Scares me silly, but it gets me going,
         Like a Romeo.
         Scares me silly, but it gets me going,
         Like a Romeo.
         Scares me silly, but it gets me going.

Swimming amid the cabs,
I wonder can I gull myself into another take,
And keep the mood?
It's like a music balance. [?]
I close my eyes to cello solo,
And hate/aid [?] the music.
Don't ever let me go away.

    You,
    You know the feeling when you're on the right track.
    You fall in love and you're never gonna turn it back.
    It's a partial/party [?] -------------------------------.
    -------------------------------.
    You know the feeling when you're on the right track.
    You fall in love and you're never gonna turn it back.
    -------------------------------.
    -------------------------------.

         Scares me silly, but it gets me going,
         Like a Romeo.
         Scares me silly, but it gets me going,
         Like a Romeo.
         Scares me silly, but it gets me going.

I don't remember where I've got them (The Garden probably), but if
anyone has any ideas about the missing parts, speak up!

Bye,

Uli

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2] "Bah, ich habe 4 mit 8!" [comment from Sven Wachter]