Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Which "Woman's Work"?

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 95 22:48:29 +0200
Subject: Re: Which "Woman's Work"?
To: dbrockway@aol.com (DBrockway)
cc: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net

Hi!

> I'm almost ready to part with a huge sum to get the complete "This Woman's
> Work" CD collection.
>
> Sorry if this is a FAQ question, but which one do I go for, the
> British or the Japanese?

Both ;-)

Well, that's obviously not the answer you'd like to hear. Here's a more
serious one:

- the UK one has the original artwork, the original booklets, some stickers

- the Japanese one has the Japanese artwork (different for The Kick Inside,
  partially different for Never for Ever [original artwork on page 3 of
  booklet, page 1 is a close-up]), Japanese lyrics (in addition to the
  English ones), CDs/booklets made especially for the boxed set, lyrics
  (English and Japanese) for the two special CDs (the English box doesn't
  have any lyrics for these), as well as another booklet with some Japanese
  biographical stuff.

Contents and quality are identical. (Re: quality: on my old (and by now
not functional anymore) discman the UK discs started to skip & jump
& sound noisy before the Japanese did. This was across all of my CDs,
in varying degree. So maybe the Japanese CDs (at least my copy of them)
are pressed better within the tolerances)

Bye,

Uli

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2] "Bah, ich habe 4 mit 8!" [comment from Sven Wachter]