Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hammer horrors won't leave her alone. . .

From: kpd000@colum.edu (Keith DeWeese x422)
Date: 14 Aug 1995 14:41:11 GMT
Subject: Hammer horrors won't leave her alone. . .
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

If I recall, the story is that Kate walked into the Bush family den
during the television broadcast of WUTHERING HEIGHTS just
in time to see Cathy come through the window--doesn't she say, "glass and
blood everywhere. . ." or something like that?  Anyhow. . .

I'm fascinated by the influence of televised films, particularly
Hammer films, on Kate's body of work.  Last night, the cable channel ENCORE showed the Hammer film, THE DEVIL'S BRIDE, aka THE
DEVIL RIDES OUT.  During the narrative, M. le Duc de Richlieau, played by
Christopher Lee, recites the prayer found in "Lily" or, at least, a
slight variation on it.  Also, there is a shot of Tanith--Nike [Arrighi
or Aggirhi] pursued by Rex--can't remember the actors name--which is a
dead ringer for the shot of Kate pursued by The Man With the Hole in His
Chin from the video for HoL.  The film will be rebroadcast, again, tonight.

So make of this what you will.  Thanks for reading.

Keith