Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Hammer horrors won't leave her alone. . .

From: *pawwave* <whiskers@tao.sans.vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 1995 13:26:26 +1200
Subject: Re: Hammer horrors won't leave her alone. . .
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

On Mon, 14 Aug 1995, Keith DeWeese x422 wrote:

> During the narrative, M. le Duc de Richlieau, played by Christopher
> Lee, recites the prayer found in "Lily" or, at least, a slight
> variation on it.

Which one? The spoken prayer at the beginning, or the ritual in the lyrics?

The first prayer, "O Thou, who giveth sustenance to the Universe...", is
taken from the Charge of the Goddess - a very beautiful Wiccan piece of
prayer, apparently written by Tuscany witches.

The second ritual, "Gabriel before me...", is taken from the Banishing
Ritual of the Lesser Pentagram, which I believe was written by Aleister
Crowley.

Hope this helps!

Urs :)
--