Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Older (pre-TD, I guess) KaTe

From: "Horace 'The Eye' Buntley" <cerebus@ebhon.jnst.uor.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 1995 17:09:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Older (pre-TD, I guess) KaTe
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@uu.net>

I, for one, love and adore KaTe's older stuff.  I first got into her
KaTeness via that Great Work, _The Ninth Wave_.  The reason that we end
up talking more about such more recent works is probably that they seem
to have more of the Fantastical, and can be more fun to try to analyze.
But early KaTe is, while definately a different mood, just as wonderful.
I've heard long-time fans talk of the pre-Dreaming days, when _Never For
Ever_ stood out that much more as a masterpiece.  Get all the KaTE you
can, of course, but don't (necesserially) pass that particular one up in
favour of a newer one first.

|cerebus@ebhon.jnst.uor.edu|"Perhaps *two* sacks of gold?" -- C. the Aardvark|

Disclaimer: Any resemblance between the above views and those of my
employer, my terminal, or the view out my window are purely
coincidental.  Any resemblance between the above and my own views is
non-deterministic.  The question of the existence of views in the
absence of anyone to hold them is left as an exercise for the reader.
The question of the existence of the reader is left as an exercise for
the second god coefficient.  (A discussion of non-orthogonal,
non-integral polytheism is beyond the scope of this article.)