Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A Very KT Wedding

From: nessus@mit.edu (Douglas Alan)
Date: 02 Aug 1995 17:55:35 GMT
Subject: A Very KT Wedding
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <01HTJ640JLXU9QWRF1@delphi.com> METH@delphi.com (THE
OLIVE-LOAF VIGILANTE) writes:

>   And finally, a heart KongraTulations to |>oug!!!  Who woulda thunk
>   it, he got hitched!  So, did you have KaTe musiK at your wedding?
>   (I always thought it would be cool to dance to "L'Amour Looks
>   Something Like You...)

Thank you, Meredith!  Indeed we did have Kate music at our wedding.
Well, no recorded music, because we had a live Irish folk band playing
jigs and reels during the reception, but we started our ceremony with
a live performance of *Under the Ivy* sung by Chrissie, the best
friend of my wife's who is also a classically trained singer.  During
the ceremony we stood under a trellis convered with ivy and white
roses.  It was all I could do to prevent bursting into tears during
the song.

|>oug

"I wish outer-space guys would conquer Earth and make people their
 pets, because I'd like to have one of those little basket-beds with my
 name on it."