Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: SPAM

From: "Stuart M. Castergine" <scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 1995 19:53:20 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: SPAM
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

On Tue, 18 Jul 1995, pdCampbell wrote:

> Before anyone
> could post to the group, they would be required to send a message to
> the moderator, and he would add their ID to a list of accepted members.
> Any traffic from someone not on the list would be rejected.  No requirements
> to be put on, just that you ask for it, first.  Feasible for us?

That sounds like a very nice idea, if feasible. If there weren't
technical problems, it doesn't sound like it would be a significant
increase in workload over the current task of adding mailing list
subscribers.

But, how would new people join? Would Bill have to be scanning all the
rejects posts for "request to subscribe" messages?

scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us == Stuart M. Castergine   |              ---
All young gentle dreams drowning                     | "Mmm, yes."   |/
In life's grief                                      |               |\
Can you hang on to me? --Kate Bush, _Big Stripey Lie_|