Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Test message

From: Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan <dmckiern@weber.ucsd.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 1995 17:26:34 -0700
Subject: Re: Test message
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

On Tue, 18 Jul 1995, Graham Eida wrote:

> A nice short test message to see if this works. Hey I liked that 1.5Mb
> file......NOT. Did anybody manage to decode it?

Yeah.  It was a .PDF encoded into a .UUE with an extra Ctrl-M at the
end of each line!  Then that screwy .UUE was encoded into another
.UUE!!  With a =different= uuencoder!!!  Madness!!!!  Anyway, I had
to keep it in temporary storage, but got occupied with, like, the
stuff that I'm =supposed= to be doing, and didn't get bak to the
machine until the thing was =wiped=!  So I either have to jump
through all the hoops again, or wait until it's loaded to an ftp
site.

          It's always Dark.  Light only hides the Darkness.

          Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan           (619) 535 - 0546
          athanatos@UCSD.edu   132.239.147.2    <75013,676>