Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate and film

From: NSMCG8426@ALPHA.NSULA.EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 00:00:34 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Kate and film
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov

From: nsmcg8426@alpha.nsula.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Date: 13 Jul 95 00:00:25 CDT

A few weeks ago, I was watching the 1977 version of _Nosferatu_ with Klaus
Kinski, and noticed something that I hadn't noticed the other times I've seen
it.

During a couple of scenes in the movie, "Hello Earth" was playing in the
background. I asked my resident movie hound about it and he said that the song
was added at the last moment for the dubbed British release hoping that it
would attract fans.

What's interesting is that I first sought out _Hounds of Love_ after hearing
"Hello Earth" on an episode of _Miami Vice_ and my fiancee got into Kate by
hearing "This Woman's Work" while watching _She's Having A Baby_.

Who says nothing good can come out of television and movies!

Thanks,
Sean Eric McGill
My Dog Booger Productions
nsmcg8426@alpha.nsula.edu