Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Orginanities

From: IEDSRI@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 1995 22:46:19 -0400
Subject: Orginanities
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

 > Now there's an interesting thought. She got the goods
 > from a book about Wilhelm Reich but he may have come up
 > with the name for his ranch 'Organon' as you describe.

The ranches (there were two) were called OrgOnon, not OrgAnon.
(Named after Reich's "discovery", the so-called orgone gas, or ray, which, he
believed, was a crucial part of all things.)

 > I believe it's the strange sound just before Saxaphone
 > Song (?) on The Kick Inside.

That's whalesong; IED doesn't believe their music is copyright-
protected.

Cary Matthews writes:
 >  I just wanted to see if anybody liked the CDs on Kate called Backs? and
Collaborations?

IED has never heard of these bootlegs.  Are you certain of the
titles?  There is a bootleg called Backsides.  $30 is the
average price for such items, but perhaps you could jot down
their tracklistings and other information and post them here?
You will then receive advice, possibly useful.  Thanks very much.

-- Andrew Marvick (IED)