Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: C.B.( meterology mix)

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 95 22:29:20 +0200
Subject: Re: C.B.( meterology mix)
To: faustex@infinity.ccsi.com (Mike Cheselka)
cc: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net

Hi!

> Where can I get Cloud Bursting( Meterology Mix) on CD?  Is it rare and
> expensive?  If so how much does it usually sell for?

Well, there are three official releases of The Organon Mix of Cloudbusting
(regard the wording and spelling...). All three are expensive:

This Woman's Work boxed set:
This is a boxed set of 8 CDs: Kate's first 6 regular studio albums (up to
The Sensual World) plus two special CDs containing loads of b-sides, live
versions and remixes. One of them is The Organon Mix of Cloudbusting. The
box isn't too difficult to find, but expect to pay $130-$150 for it, if you're
unlucky more, if you're lucky less.

moments of pleasure / The Best Works / 1978-1993:
This is a 2-CD promo set from Japan. It's one of the rarest official Kate
items, and was recently advertised in a magazine for not less than $800.
The 2 CDs contain quite a lot of b-sides as well, though nothing that's not
available elsewhere on CD.

Cloudbusting:
This US promo CD from '86 contains the 'Meteorological Mix' of Cloudbusting,
which is the wrong title for the right song. The CD was Kate's first ever
non-album CD and is quite rare. If you *need* to have it *soon*, expect to
pay quite a lot as well.

The mixing of song titles (Organon Mix vs. Meteorological Mix) is an interesting
thing in itself: EMI America seems to have gotten this wrong at one point in
time and halfway stuck to that. It's easy to get lost in the song titles, because
there in fact *is* a remix of a Kate song called The Meteorological Mix, though
it's not Cloudbusting but rather a different single from the Hounds of Love album,
The Big Sky. Now The Big Sky was the last single in the UK for the HoL album, and
the US Cloudbusting promos (there's a 12" with the same typo) came out for the
The Whole Story album, so this was even after The Big Sky came out in the UK.
Not as easy to understand is the typo of Cloudbursting which also is quite
common and even extends to such items as an Australian video compilation tape
from 1991 which is used in discos, bars, etc.

Bye,

Uli

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2]