Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate's Video CD

From: Steve ZPJ <zpj@huskbeat.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 1995 23:09:11 +0000
Subject: Re: Kate's Video CD
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

> > >So what's the scoop on this "highly successful Video CD"?  Does anyone
> > >have it?  Has anyone seen one?  Is this the elusive and impossible to
> > >find CD-ROM of Kate's Whole Story compilation that no-one has been able
> > >to get their hands on?
>
> > >I need it I want it I must have it.
>
> > I have a copy of the Video CD concerned, however I don't have a MPEG player to
> > view it, perhaps one day...
>
> I have it too, and also, amazingly, can't play it.  What it appears to
> be is two CDs (not strictly CD-ROMs, as they are supposedly "White Book"
> encoded) containing MPEG versions of the Whole Story videos.
>
> While I have an operable software MPEG player, my CD-ROM driver is
> incapable of reading the tracks (NEC 3xi, Adaptec EZ-SCSI drivers);
> whether I need new drivers, or a whole new drive, I don't know.
>
> If anyone nearby has a Phillips CD-I machine (which supposedly can
> play White Book Video CDs), I'll happily bring the discs over!
>
> 		- Craig @ SCO near London.
>
> --------------------
Me too, you need a Reelmagic card for the PC to make it White Book
compatible, or an MPEG adapter for a 3DO or, as you say, a Phillips
CDI machine. I am waiting for the 3DO's MPEG adapter because the
Reelmagic isn't as good.
  A friend working at a computer shop has offered to play it on the
display computers for me someday, so as soon as he gets round to it
I'll let everyone know what it's like. It's a pity that Kate hasn't
released a CD-ROM as it seems to be the latest thing for music
wizards to do. We can live in hope, I suppose.
--
Steve ZPJ

-- Anyone who can stay sane in this world must be mad --