Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Pat Benatar's Covers

From: Robb McCaffree <NSRJM@NURSEPO.MEDCTR.UCLA.EDU>
Date: 31 May 1995 00:25:36 GMT
Subject: Re: Pat Benatar's Covers
To: rec-music-gaffa@agate.berkeley.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

fmcquarr@upei.ca (Fiona McQuarrie) wrote:

> I think that because Wuthering Heights is such an unusual song, one would
> be more likely to try to find out more about it. The listener might be
> less so inclined for a more "standard" pop song, like the Nick Gilder
> cover on her first album.

Totally true! Despite the fact that Benatar and Co. write most of
their own music, there are two or three covers per album. While I did
eventually buy a copy From love-hounds-request@uunet.uu.net  Wed May 31 15:00:25 1995
To: rec-music-gaffa@agate.berkeley.edu
From: Robb McCaffree <NSRJM@NURSEPO.MEDCTR.UCLA.EDU>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: kate's sexual healing show
Date: 31 May 1995 00:07:37 GMT

METH@delphi.com (THE OLIVE-LOAF VIGILANTE) wrote:

> Second, someone please correct me if I'm hallucinating again, but didn't Kate
> record "Sexual Healing" specifically for the Marvin Gaye tribute?  Someone who
> was at last year's KonvenTion please refresh my memory!  I can't imagine she

According to Homegroud, Kate recorded SH with Davey Spillane for his
recent album...only for reasons unkown, it did not appear on said
album. Forgive me if I a.)Got the wrong artist or b.) spelled his name
wrong, because I don't have my Homegrounds w/ me.

		--Robb

s on stage and men-
tioned the other ('Don't Let It Show') by name.

Of course, this is all speculation and elimination...but if you'd
had the figurative balls to record it, wouldn't you sing it every
chance you got?