Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

kate's sexual healing show

From: THE OLIVE-LOAF VIGILANTE <METH@delphi.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 1995 15:21:21 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: kate's sexual healing show
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi!

First, Paul Shaffer (or however the hell you spell his name) played piano for
Kate's SNL performance of "The Man With The Child In His Eyes".  Surprisingly
enough, he didn't butcher it too badly...

Second, someone please correct me if I'm hallucinating again, but didn't Kate
record "Sexual Healing" specifically for the Marvin Gaye tribute?  Someone who
was at last year's KonvenTion please refresh my memory!  I can't imagine she
would go through the trouble of recording a cover of a song Just Because.  It's
all she can do to get off her butt to record anything of her own, these days!
(Ouch.  Sorry about that...  but am I the only one who finds it frightening
that the only infusion of new Kate material we have right now is 30-second
snippets in commercials for a vile pseudo-fruit drink?  And that we're all
actually getting excited about it? :/)

Third, on a brighter note, I think woj and I are going to take the plunge and
host a New Jersey KaTemas this year.  We're located in Boonton, NJ (just north
of Morristown on I-287, approx. 45 minutes from downtown Manhattan and easily
accessible from New England and Pennsylvania).  Stay tuned for more details!

|Meredith Tarr                                              meth@delphi.com|
|Boonton, NJ  USA                  finger info at: mtarr@eagle.wesleyan.edu|
|  "Turnips do not invite fan members to sit on their couches on stage."   |
|                                                        -Irvin F. Lin     |