Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: AOTSW : Who is Ken?

From: Steve ZPJ <zpj@huskbeat.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 27 May 1995 18:09:32 +0000
Subject: Re: AOTSW : Who is Ken?
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Ken, mentioned in the song is Ken Livingstone from the G.L.C. or the
Greater London Council. Yes, I have seen the film but unfortunately
it's not one of the Comic Strip's best films, although Kate sings in
it so it can't be that bad.
  Unfortunately it was shown in the BBC2 series of Comic Strip films
as well as Les Dogs and only the Channel 4 series is available on
video. Hopefully BBC will release these or repeat them sometime as it
was a long time ago since I saw them and I would definitely like to
see them again.
  As far as I can remember, GLC featured the Comic Strip playing
actors playing parts of the GLC in a sort of film. e.g. Nigel Planer
(I think) played Charles Bronson playing Ken Livingstone.
Any further info would be very much appreciated.

--
Steve ZPJ

-- Anyone who can stay sane in this world must be mad --