Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Collaborations & Brazil

From: aaron@iphc.washington.edu (Aaron Ranta)
Date: Tue, 30 May 95 13:41:20
Subject: Kate Collaborations & Brazil
To: rec-music-gaffa@cs.washington.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Is there somewhere where one could get a semi-comprehensive
list of duets (et al) involving KB and other artists?
Although always a pleasure to have Kate singing on her own,
I find it nice to hear how she meshes with other artists from
time to time.

So wondering if there are any other songs like the one she
does with Peter Gabriel.

(At the moment, the Peter Gabriel one, and one called
 Brother Sister she did with a fellow who's name I can not
 remember as I type this (though I have the cassette sitting
 at home), are the only two I can think of... though I think
 there might be another with Gabriel on a compilation album
 somewhere. Many of such songs show up on the other artist's
 albums, and often we Kate fans remain blissfuly unawares of
 their existence (Like the afore mentioned Brother Sister
 song, which I didn't know featured KB until after I'd bought
 the tape, and listened to it.))

Also, has anyone actual got the Brazil soundtrack? I've been
trying to find it for eons, just to hear what Kate music it
has to offer, but have had no luck. Been wondering if I should
even be bothering.

Aaron
aaron@iphc.washington.edu