Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Spinning Pups, other rarities

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Tue, 30 May 95 22:48:20 +0200
Subject: Re: Spinning Pups, other rarities
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi!

Richard Hamilton wrote a while ago (I'm still catching up):
> I've found a record that wasn't listed in faq. It's called
> Spinning Pups from EMI America. The catalog number is SF-17099.
> I've only ran across one other copy of this record. Has anybody
> else seen this record? Its copyrighted '83, but I don't remember
> seeing this record new. I guess this must have been a promo.

Well, there are loads and loads of sampler albums with some Kate on them.
Over a hundred in fact. So I won't put them into the FAQ, but I've prepared
an excerpt of the still-soon-coming discography, see the separate posting
for that one.

Karen wrote a while ago:
> I also have the Spinning Pups promo, and I believe it is listed in the
> "Collectors Guide to Kate Bush" which we haven't mentioned in a long time
> -- a good place for those of you who are new collectors to view rare and
> unusual Kate collectibles.  A droolfest will ensue.
>
> This wonderful and useful book is marred by some small errors -- many of
> the 12" singles listed have incorrect catalog numbers, as I discovered
> when double checking my collection against the book.  So you have to be
> careful if you are cataloguing your stuff to take numbers directly from
> the item and not shortcut by copying from the book.

Karen, if you noticed some errors in the book, have you taken notes (paper,
electronically or mental) which these were? For in some cases I had to rely
on the book to get the numbers for the discography.

You do know that sometimes there are several different catalog numbers for
the same record? ('same' meaning 'same contents and same country of origin'
here.) Also some records have more than one catalog number printed on them.

Bye,

Uli

P.S.: FAQ is coming soon. As I wrote above, and as you can see by the fact
that the postings I'm answering to are 19 days old, I'm a bit backlogged
with my email, and there are quite a few changes waiting to be incorporated
into the FAQ. Sorry about that.

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2]