Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Those elusive Cathy Demos

From: wombat toga party <woj@remus.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 May 1995 18:07:18 -0400
Subject: Re: Those elusive Cathy Demos
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

teocs@merlion.singnet.com.sg (John H. S. Teo) sez:
>Could someone please point me the way to obtaining those elusive Cathy
>home demos?

there are a number of bootleg discs of the "cathy demos". most are out
of print, but you may be able to find some of them from john young. he
runs a bootleg discs business and can be contacted via e-mail. his
address is compactdisc@delphi.com. his prices are reasonable ($25/disc)
and he is reliable (speaking as a satisfied customer).

you might want to also check the various online cd stores. some of them
sell "imports" which may include the grey area of bootleg discs.

off the top of my head, here's a quick list of the demo bootlegs. the
quality from one to another is essentially equivalent - what you would
expect from ancient, two-track recordings.

- _if you could see me fly_/_passing through air_ (two separate discs
  that broke the demos into two parts, includes the two "babooshka"
  demos, the kick inside demos and the duet of "another day" w/ peter
  gabriel).

- _practice mades perfect_ - piano demos no. 1_

- _alone at my piano_ (haven't seen this one)

- _shrubberies_ (or this one either)

if i remember correctly, none of these discs contain the demos that
appeared on the fifth volume of the cathy demos 7" vinyl series.

for a fairly interesting discussion, written by i.e.d., about these
demos, look at http://remus.rutgers.edu/~woj/garden/catalog.html#demos.

woj