Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Strange Mumblings II

From: llovich@aol.com (Llovich)
Date: 27 May 1995 21:28:44 -0400
Subject: Re: Strange Mumblings II
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: root@newsbf02.news.aol.com

>Thanks to Ronald Girardin for telling me that the mumbling at the
>beginning of WOW is 'Emily'...checked last night and you could well
>be right!  I thought for years it sounded like 'I beleive' but
>couldn't quite be sure......

>BUT......who is Emily and what is her significance to the song ?

Emily? Why, I've always assumed Emily Bronte. It helps to remember that
"Lionheart" came out just a few months after "The Kick Inside" and the
massively successful "Wuthering Heights." Thus, I think no DIRECT
signficance to the song "Wow" except for the fact that Kate does double
back references to her other works on occasion (Reference the "Just being
alive" lines on "The Red Shoes" lp).

VanceMan
"Just saying it can even make it happen ...
    All I have to do is say it for you."
-- "Cloudbusting," K. Bush