Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Advice Needed...

From: Ronald.Girardin@Dartmouth.EDU (Ronald Girardin)
Date: 22 May 95 10:44:55 EDT
Subject: Re: Advice Needed...
To: JBOWIE51@MAINE.maine.edu, love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

--- <JBOWIE51@MAINE.maine.edu> wrote:
Hi all.  Over the past few years I've become a fan of Kate and her
music, and am in the process of making a tape to give to a friend
that would serve as a sampler of some of Kate's work, for the
purpose of giving him an idea of Kate's artistic vision.  Problem
is, I only own Red Shoes, Sensual World, Hounds of Love and the
Whole Story, so my range of material to use in the sampler is
limited.

What I'm looking for are suggestions on what other fans feel are
the best songs to include in the tape.
--- end of quoted material ---
well, my advice would be to put The Whole Story on one
side and split the other side with:
   The Ninth Wave
   The Sensual World (the song, not the whole album)
   The Fog
   This Woman's Work
   Rubberband Girl
   Moments Of Pleasure
   Lily
   The Red Shoes
....i hope your tape's long enough.  :-)

You can also tape all four albums... :-) or better yet, you can
simply buy your friend a copy of The Whole Story.  That way,
Kate will be getting residuals for your efforts.

peace

ron