Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Stuff and nonsense

From: "J.A.Harkness" <J.A.Harkness@sheffield.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 1995 09:56:49 +0100
Subject: Stuff and nonsense
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Um.....I rather like the idea of marmitopia.....would it come in
diet?   How about a companion......Bovrilade?   Sounds cool, too.

The alternate lyric to Army dreamers remiinds me not only of a series
of tape ads where 'Isrealites' by Desmond Decker and 'Into The
Valley' by The Skids were shamelessly aped but also of the first time
I heard  John Travolta/Olivia Newton John sing 'You're The One That I
Want'  .  I was convinced they were singing  'You're A Wobbly
Dog'....   Sad, but true!

By the way, heard 'Big Love' by Fleetwood Mac (i think) on the radio
this morning......bears more than a passing resemblance to RUTH......
Hmmmmm... came out bout the same time too......Which came first, I
wonder?

Fluffy stuff from a very wet and windy Britain

Will Yum
"A Different Kind of Tinsel Decorates My Tree"