Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate: Au Naturale ?

From: nudeadguy@aol.com (NudeAdGuy)
Date: 20 Apr 1995 14:23:17 -0400
Subject: Re: Kate: Au Naturale ?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: root@newsbf02.news.aol.com

Mr. Gheesl wrote:
>While surfing the net in my university's computer lab (using Netscape
>Navigator), I happened to come upon some of the adult Web pages.  While
>browsing the more tasteful nudes, I found a very well done B&W of a
>woman who looks almost exactly like our very own Kate.

>Since there were no credits for this JPG, I have no idea who shot it or
>who modeled for it .

>Could it have been Kate ?  (I wouldn't think so -- her shyness is
>legendary.)

'Tweren't her. In the late 70s, the Canadian version of Penthouse
published a pictorial entitled, "Kate?" and featured pictures of a woman
who kinda looked like her if you didn't look too close.  The pictures
eventually made their way to the cover of a Kate bootleg album, which I
found at a flea market in Philadelphia.

In an interview with Musician magazine, circa the release of Sensual
World, the interviewer almost ended his interview by asking Kate about the
pictures. She denied the pics were her, then, when asked if she'd ever
thought about doing something like that, she says something to the effect
of "No! And I'm offended that you would even ask such a question."

On the other side of the coin, there is a story that she actually
considered appearing nude in the "Dreaming" Video, since she was playing a
fetus. Don't know if that's fact or fiction. What a shame Kate doesn't get
on the Internet! She could clear this stuff up.