Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Ghosts / Spirits / Kate Bush

From: rholmes@Xenon.Stanford.EDU (Richard Holmes)
Date: 20 Apr 1995 18:35:33 GMT
Subject: Re: Ghosts / Spirits / Kate Bush
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

alienpoet@aol.com (Alien Poet) writes:

>    The Lady is VERY spiritual. This was part of what I was
attempting
>to point out when I suggested she may be a witch (Wiccan).
>     I will be visiting England and Scotland later this year. I hope
>to "haunt" some of the places that have inspired her incredible
music.
>     Also interested on any Kate-related activities happening in
Great
>Britain summer/fall (or around her birthday).
>     Thanks.

I agree her songs and imagery evoke feelings of spirituality in me,
and she probably has at least been exposed to facets of Druidism,
Wicca, or some variation of one of the Old Religions (but today, so
have many individuals been exposed).  Which is not to say she is
pagan, wiccan, but not to say she is not ... only she can tell us
that.  But I wholeheartedly agree she touches me spiritually.  As do
Loreena McKennitt, Happy Rhodes, Renaissance, and even groups like
Luscious Jackson, Kotoja, or Patti Smith.  It is all part of
the "Jig of Life", that eternal dance in which we share, yet in our
own unique ways.  Whatever we call it by, there are a quite a few
bands for me show facets of deeper consciousness for me.

Sorry I can't add any activities, but felt compelled to respond.

-Richard (rholmes@cs.stanford.edu)