Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TWW <japanese box set)

From: akmonday@uclink3.berkeley.edu (Anthony Kyle Monday)
Date: 2 Apr 1995 00:15:01 GMT
Subject: Re: TWW <japanese box set)
To: rec-music-gaffa@agate.berkeley.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Euti Kingsang Perry (mosquito+@CMU.EDU) wrote:
: What exactly does this box set consist of?  Also, what is the difference
: between the Japanese version and the British version, besides price?

: I've been a fan of Kate for a coupla years, and I have The Sensual World
: and The Red Shoes.  I've also heard The Whole Story, Hounds of Love,
: and random other songs from The Kick Inside and Lionheart.  I'd like
: to buy her 1st 5 CDs but it seems that they're not remastered here in the
: US (except for Lionheart), nor do they come with any original packaging,
: like pictures or lyrics.  I was considering buying the individual CDs off of
: cdeurope.com, but I wasn't sure if those were remastered, either.  Can
: anybody help me?

: euti (ty) perry
: mosquito@cmu.edu

The Japanese box set consists of the following CDs: "The Kick Inside"
(with Japanese album cover), "Lionheart," "Never For Ever," "The
Dreaming," "Hounds of Love," and "The Sensual World." In addition to
these, there are two CDs of singles, B-sides, and remixes.
As far as I know there is no difference between this and the British
version, aside, from, of course, the addition of the lyrics in Japanese
(they are also in English), and Japanese translations on the back of the
CDs.
None of the CDs are remasters, to my knowledge. None of Kate's albums
have been remastered.
It's a very nice collection, especially if you don't have the early
albums (I myself held off until this year to buy it because I already had
everything, but I could no longer live without Under the Ivy on Cd!).
Look around for it used, you'll get it cheaper.
Kyle--

           Anthony Kyle Monday            /
 e-mail: akmonday@uclink3.berkeley.edu	 /     "J'ai une a^me solitare."