Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Red Shoes Box

From: Angel Bracamontes <NSAB2@NURSEPO.MEDCTR.UCLA.EDU>
Date: 2 Apr 1995 06:23:56 GMT
Subject: Re: Red Shoes Box
To: rec-music-gaffa@agate.berkeley.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I have seen (but not opened) the heart-shaped box which ran for about
$125 at Tower. I remember a 'contents sign' saying that it contained
TRS cd, a pair of size 4 1/2 red ballet slippers and a certificate of
authenticity. I gotta agree, despite my devotion to all things Kate,
that I was tempted to evacuate the contents of a large, red Whitman's
Sampler and fill it with the same to sell at a profit of, oh, I dunno
..A HUNDRED BUCKS?
I was equally displeased with the shoe box, which I did open to find
the exact same contents mentioned above. The box was a cool, kinda
snake-skin textured dark red with a white inner tray (cardboard) to
hold the cd (U.S.). The cool box notwithstanding, it didn't strike me
as worth the $75 that my corner cd store was asking.
Sorry, no other boxes seen...but regarding other tracks, I did find
TWW III, a 'promo only' cd containing the b-sides of all TRS singles,
Don't Give Up, dance and extended mixes (Shoedance and Rubberband
respectively), and instrumentals of Moments of Pleasure (one of her
best, doncha think?) and Candle in the Wind. I haven't found these
last two versions on any other cd (though the MoP instru can be found
on vinyl).
Speaking of DGU, has anyone heard the extended version on one of P.
Gabriel's singles? (possibly 'Steam") Does it contain more Kate vox?

                          Thanks - and happy searching,
                                    Robb