Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Red Shoes Box

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 95 19:57:09 +0200
Subject: Re: Red Shoes Box
To: kandb@ix.netcom.com (Ben Miller)
cc: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi!

Ben wrote:
> I've got a copy of the rectangular box.  The box contains an English
> import of TRS, a small pair of red ballet shoes, and a numbered
> certificate of authenticity.  I've not a clue what's in the other one.

There's no such thing as THE rectangular box of TRS, since there are at
least three different ones, in addition to the heart shaped one. For
the discography I'd like to have some more information about the boxes
and the contents of them, so if anyone can help out, I'd be grateful
forever. Here's what I know/suspect about:

Kate Bush Shoe Box
CD+ CD by EMI, rest ?               I/NL        CD: 7243 8 27277 2 9/F: PM 520,
                                                    I: 072/UK: CDEMD 1047
    black shoe box with red printing & drawn picture of ballet shoes,
    red insert, black T-shirt with red printing & pic (same as box), black
    button with gold printing & pic (same as box, but without 'Shoe Box'),
    insert has a certificate (ltd. ed. of 1500)

[I do own one of these, so the description is as accurate as possible. Or,
rather I left out the fact that the box smells. Or rather *stinks*. Shut
your nose when opening it. I don't know whether it's the tshirt or the
box or something else, but it definitely stinks. The "I/NL" entry means
that the paperwork of the CD was printed in Italy, while the CD itself
was made in the Netherlands - see what I mean if I say the country of
the cover and the disc are not always the same?]

now here are some things I do only know about:

the heart-shaped box
    I have in fact seen it, even held it in my hands, but it was still
    shrink-wrapped and way to expensive to buy. The box is rumored to
    contain some size 4 1/2 dance shoes. Anyone got this?

red shoe box
    I also did hold this one in my hands, but don't know more about it
    for the same reasons as for the heart-shaped box. Again, it's rumored
    to contain some size 4 1/2 dance shoes. Anyone got this?

[both of these boxes are not official EMI promotional items. They're not
 illegal either, but even I might get some box, buy a regular copy of
 The Red Shoes, buy some slippers, print an authentification certificate,
 put all of this into the box, and sell it for *profit*.]

US ltd. ed. special pack
    this box was rumored to come out, though I haven't seen anyone mentioning
    to have seen it. It was supposed to have some bonus tracks on the CD. Anyone
    got such a thing? [it was even supposed to be an official item]

UK promo shoe box
    It could be seen on the telly when Ray Cokes interviewed Kate on the phone
    for MTV [Europe] Most Wanted show. It contained some very small red dance
    shoes (like made for a doll, smaller than babies' feet), the CD and some
    info sheets. Anyone got this?

UK promo shoe box
    this one was given away as the price for the KompeTition on the Konvention
    in London in 94. Unfortunately none of the winners was close enough for me
    to beg for a look into the boxes... Maybe this one is the same as the last?
    Anyone got this?

UK promo shoe box
    this one is supposed to contain the CD, as well as a VHS video (Rubberband
    Girl UK video, Moments of Pleasure from Aspel & Company), as well as a
    biography and a pen. ltd. edition of 1000. Anyone got this?

Bye,

Uli

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2]