Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Fire and brimstone

From: mdean@athena.cs.uga.edu (Michael W. Dean)
Date: 1 Apr 1995 18:37:17 GMT
Subject: Fire and brimstone
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I couldn't just keep lurking after Douglas Alan told us...
"I once played *The Dreaming* for an aquaintance, and she said "This
isn't art -- this is just Pat Benetar played backwards!"

    Not art!  Pat played backwards!  No matter what this person thought of
HOL, I think eternal damnation is assured!  }:->  Perhaps an eternity of
listening to shmaltzy Vegas remakes of Tori Amos tunes, as performed by
Wayne Newton (with background vocals by Rosanne Barr).  With all due
respect to your acquaintance, Mr. Alan, I think all hope is lost!

Mike

"Impiety, n.  Your irreverence toward my deity." - Ambrose Bierce (who
else?)