Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Secret Policeman's 3rd Ball CD

From: tshenkel@rs6a.wln.com (Tshen)
Date: 1 Apr 1995 23:28:11 GMT
Subject: Re: Secret Policeman's 3rd Ball CD
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

DSearch@aol.com wrote:
: I picked this up at my local Best Buy for $11.  Is it worth it?  A collectors
: item, by chance? :0
: (For those that don't know, it's the [legit] album containing the
: Kate/Gilmour "Running Up That Hill" live performance, on Virgin Records.)
: RutH opens the disc.  The rest sounds pretty missable.  But the video of the
: RutH performance on the Lovehounds Collection is a LOT better (thanks again,
: Chris, Tom, et al!).

This is almost painful to listen to. Kate sings about half of RUtH about a
half-tone sharp. Sounds like (1) Kate had a case of stagefright, (2) The
acoustics were lousy, and Kate had trouble hearing what the band was
doing, (3) Both.

If you wanted to buy this album purely for Kate's performance, don't.

--Tshen
Qodaxti Institute, 87th stratum