Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: DELIUS question

From: kpd000@colum.edu (Keith DeWeese x422)
Date: 31 Mar 1995 21:53:04 GMT
Subject: Re: DELIUS question
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Ronny,

I recall reading the lyrics, including those to which you refer, and,
indeed, the word, syphilis, was among them.  For years, I sang, "Delius
savant, simplius deus, genius...blah, blah, blah."  Of course, when I
read the lyrics in question, I heard them immediately.  Knowing that
Delius was infirm due to syphilis, I was miffed that I hadn't caught on.
I can't remember the use of AMAT which does seem rather bizarre, unless
Delius appreciated very unusual states of physical being.

Regards,

Keith