Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Mylene Farmer

From: kpd000@colum.edu (Keith DeWeese x422)
Date: 31 Mar 1995 21:38:58 GMT
Subject: Re: Mylene Farmer
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

My first encounter with Farmer was in 1992--I was in the Champs Elysees
Virgin record store trying to find Kate items, as usual, when I saw a
full-size, cardboard cut-out of Farmer as an advertisement for her album
L'AUTRE (?).  Her outfit was white and high-collared and a raven was
perched on her shoulder.  Immediately, I thought of Baudelaire and, of
course, Poe.  Further, with her bright red hair and pale skin, I knew her
to be the delight of retro-Decadent-Symbolists--very much like Kate.  I
asked some patrons of the store if her sound, lyric content, etc., was
anything like Kate Bush's to which one man answered, " Ha!  She wishes she
was like Kate Bush!"  Well, anyway, I bought L'AINSI TOIT containing
"L'Horloge," and, since, have found her to be a good entertainment.