Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Night Scented Stock

From: evans@rd.bbc.co.uk (Richard Evans)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 1995 11:20:38 GMT
Subject: Re: Night Scented Stock
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@bbc.co.uk

Anders Hultman (anders.hultman@unisource.se) wrote:
: We've all participated in this year's heated gaffa debate. Now it's time
: for another linguistic question: What does "Night Scented Stock" mean? I
: have tried and tried and couldn't figure it out. My apologies if it's
: obvious for you who have English as a mother tongue.

: anders

They are most certainly flowers, and quite easy and cheap to grow. A packet
of seeds will give you many many small flowers. Although they have a pleasant
smell, they are not much to look at.

We grew some two years ago - because of the song, and we're doing the same
this year. Try it for yourself.
r.