Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

An idea?

From: s.patten@bristol.ac.uk (Simon Patten)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 1995 15:50:46 -0500
Subject: An idea?
To: rec-music-gaffa@nac.no
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@bristol.ac.uk (Usenet news owner)

[Unlurk]

Hi all,

I followed rec.music.beatles newsgroup for a while and in there
is a user who seems to have dedicated his life to compiling
descriptions of each of the major Beatles songs (I'm not sure of
your name but kudos to you sir!). These articles are beautifully
written with both opinions and technical info about the songs - a
joy to read and keep.

It occoured to me that the apparent obscurity of K8's songs and
the delightfully knowledgeable discussion that goes on in this
newsgroup might make this a good project here?

Has this ever been attempted or is anyone daft^H^H^H^Hdedicated
enough to try this? I can imagine some amazing discussions over
the meaning of some of her songs then, once consensus is reached,
the description could be written up and posted here and on an
ftp/web site somewhere?

Sadly I'm not in a position to volunteer for the task but I
thought it might be worth throwing the idea into the arena to see
what you all thought of it? (Go on, think of the fame it would
bring you!)

Perhaps having a "definitive" description might ruin the magic
and the personal interpretations we put on her songs? Might it
ultimately lead to the ultimate demise of the group? OTOH, who
knows, it might be just what is needed to entice her royal
Kateness in here - to keep the record straight! (the pun is
unintentional <g>).

Cheers,
Simon.

[Relurk]