Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A Bit Like Kate

From: del.allan@canrem.com (Del Allan)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 1995 23:18:00 -0500
Subject: A Bit Like Kate
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: CRSO.KateBush@canrem.com

Does anyone know what ever happened to a band who called themselves
'The Innocence Mission'?
I bought their first cassette several years ago in the U.S., and really
loved them.  The lead singer was a woman that sounded alot like Kate.
The music and lyrics were very moody and richly textured.  I was really
impressed.

Since then I've bought one other album by them, 'Umbrella'. That was
released in the early '90's.  Since then, as far as I know, nothing.

I'm not sure that their music was ever released in Canada.  They are
American and record stores I have tried in Canada have never heard of
them.  (although that doesn't always mean anything!)

Thanks alot!

Del Allan

del.allan@canrem.com