Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: history of r 'n r show-Kate shunned...

From: larry@hal.com (Larry Hernandez)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 15:31:19 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: history of r 'n r show-Kate shunned...
To: kln@crl.com, Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

A devoted employee who just risked her life for her profession by flying
down to LA in the middle of our 100-year flood, "Karen L. Newcombe" wrote:

* Whew!  I was really afraid I'd braved that truly hideous flight at the
* expense of missing KT on TV.  But I knew Larry was taping it.  Seriously,
* when the STEWARDESSES are puking because there's so much turbulence you
* know its a bad flight.

Yow! Now that's a baaaaad flight!  Welcome back!!

[...]
* Karen  P.S. Larry, did anyone on that show even MENTION Kate?

Not that I can remember. I watched the whole thing through, and,
though it still was a decent series, it seemed to degenerate into
a glorification of, to borrow Vickie's phrase, "Boyz with Guitarz."

About the closest the whole series even got to giving some females credit
was during the "Motown" and other subsections; about all that I remember
coming out of it all was how great Clapton, Hendrix, and BB King are/were.
Shoot, they didn't even mention Janis Joplin, much less Kate.  As I thought,
deserved attention was given to Bowie and Pink Floyd...

Larry (larry@hal.com)