Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: Newbies & Love-Pups...

From: NelsonII@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 1995 00:57:09 -0500
Subject: RE: Newbies & Love-Pups...
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Somebody says...

> I'm sorry that my first posting to the list has to be negative,
> but please, a _1711_ line posting about Tori Amos!!!  I'm sure I'm
> not the only person who has to read each individual message, and I'm
> also sure I'm not the only one who is unhappy reading about Tori
> bootlegs.  In future, _please_ keep this confined to the Tori List!!

Stuart replies...

>>OK. While a 1711 line posting may be a little long for any topic, I think
>>the newer folks on the list/group need some enlightening about something
>>that may not be readily apparent. I don't mean to pick on the poster of
>>the above, who really was not all that out of line, but we seem to have
>>been getting a lot of the "[whine] This isn't about Kate. It shouldn't be
>>here!" messages, so I feel it is time explain.
>>...etc...
>>The primary focus of this group is and always will be Ms. Bush and her
>>work, but discussions, arguments, digressions and long, involved threads
>>about other artists are part of what this group is about.
>>
>>So cut out the whining about "Non-Kate content" until you have RTFFAQ!

Ron's thoughts...

While I agree that R.M.G. should be open to more than "just" Kate stuff, I
don't think that any newgroup is the place to post a gazillion line
discography.  It believe it would be more appropriate to post "I've got this
great Tori discography, let me know if you want a copy (handle it like you
would a FAQ)."

-Ron
 nelsonii@aol.com